|RULES FOR ACAMIS EVENTS AND HOTEL STAY|
1. The use of tobacco, drinking of alcohol, or use of illegal drugs will not be allowed during travel or while in the host city during the period of time covered by the ACAMIS activity. (Consequence: suspension from immediate and further participation and student’s principal notified. A second offence in the same school year will result in exclusion from all ACAMIS events for one school year including the same event the following year.)
2. Any departures from the hotel will be done only with permission of the lead chaperone/coach. (Consequence: disciplinary action at the discretion of the lead chaperone.)
3. Students are expected to be in area designated by the tournament chaperones at all times. At no point should students be in hotel rooms of members of the opposite gender. (Consequence: disciplinary action at the discretion of the activity organiser and lead chaperone.)
4. Visiting students will be in their assigned rooms no later than 10pm. (Consequence: suspension from immediate and further participation and student’s principal notified. A second offense in the same school year will result in exclusion from all ACAMIS events for one school year including the same event the following year.)
5. Any unusual circumstances or problems that occur during the stay in the host city will be reported as soon as is possible to the host school and lead chaperone.
6. In the event of any accident or injury the lead chaperone/coach has permission to deal with the situation. Should they be unable to contact the parents or guardians, they may make emergency decisions on the recommendation of medical practitioners. Parent signature grants permission to the lead chaperone/coach to make such emergency decisions.
ACAMIS VOLLEYBALL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The FIVB (latest edition) rules shall be implemented for ACAMIS tournaments with the
1. Game Length
1.1 Games will be played best of 3 sets.
1.2 The first 2 sets will be played to 25 points (win by 2 points). In case of
a 1-1 tie, a deciding third set is played to 15 points with a minimum lead of 2 points.
2.1 There shall be 2 time-outs allowed per set for each team.
2.2 The length of each time-out is 30 seconds.
2.3 The length of time between sets is 1 minute.
3. Net height
3.1 The net height for girls shall be 2.24m.
3.2 The net height for men shall be 2.43m.
4. Warm-up session
4.1 All teams will receive a 5 minute warm up period, 3 minutes at the net and 2 minutes for serving. (10 minutes in total)
4.2 If the games fall behind schedule, each team will have 3 minutes at the net and 2 minutes serving together. (8 minute total - at the discretion of the Tournament Director)
5. Substitution of Players
5.1 A player may re-enter the game an unlimited number of times; but must switch with the same player for the entire set.
6.1 The number and source of the officials shall be determined by the host school, whilst meeting the requirement in the Host School Guidelines.
6.2 When possible, the host school shall use the host country officiating organisations to officiate the tournament.
7. Tournament scoring for round robin tournament standings
Tie-breakers — ‘If any stage of the tie-breaker separates all of the tied teams, the tie-break is complete. If, at any stage of the tie-breaker, only two teams remain tied, the head to head result will determine the placing.’
7.1 Volleyball Round Robin scoring: 1 point for a win, 0 points for a loss.
7.2 Tie-breakers (in sequence):
7.2.1 Head to Head
7.2.2 Set Difference
i) The difference between total sets won and lost between tied teams.
ii) The difference between total sets won and lost in all matches
7.2.3 Point Difference
i. The difference between the total points scored and lost between tied teams.
ii. The difference between total points scored and lost in all matches played.
7.2.4 Coin Toss
8.1 No more than two players standing next to each other on the serve.